July 6, 2014

Party in The USA

Finally a weekend worth writing about! I've been busy busy busy since Thursday with all things american. It's been 4 days full of Fireworks, BBQs, long boarding, popsicles, hiking, family, and San Francisco too! 

Lets begin with Thursday shall we? 
It's always been a little tradition of ours to go watch fireworks at the golf course that my grandparents live on. They do a pretty decent show and we get to lay out on the driving range and they have dancing and food. Its real fun and this year didn't disappoint. We got there extra early and set up camp for the evening and spent the rest of the time chatting with my mom. Love that women. Need boy advice, girl advice, life advice, school advice? She's the lady for you. Then the fireworks began and in the midst of the oohs and awes, the sprinklers came on and I've never laughed so hard in my life. Luckily, we were out of the danger zone, but all the people around us got absolutely soaked. It was even more entertaining than the fireworks.

Friday was the actual 4th of July. We woke up early and went on a super pretty hike along the south fork of the American River. Then it was lunch and naps and showers before I went out to buy some things to set on fire for the evening festivities. I planned on only buying maybe 20-30 sparklers with my handful of dollar bills but newsflash, 15$ can actually get you 95 sparklers. 95 SPARKLERS! This is like 4th of July heaven. Lindsey came over for BBQ dinner and then we went to the fairground for some froyo and fireworks. What's more american than that? The bad news is, the fireworks sucked. The good news is we took about 16,000 pictures. 

also we sort of forgot to wear red white and blue. hopefully we don't get deported or something.
After the crapshow at the fairgrounds, the real fun began. 95 sparklers. NINETY FREAKING FIVE.
Also, i'll spare you the picture overload because I'm not even exaggerating when I say we took over 3000 pictures of ourselves playing with the sparklers.


Also, Lindsey almost set me on fire and we got hit on by a couple of drunk guys. #winning

Saturday I drove to SF all by myself with only one anxiety attack. Yay for Taylor!
I had some super fun youtube stuff to do. I know I say this all the time, but I sure do love my job! We met up, had a tea party and a real life tea party place, and the took an uber to Alamo Square (where the full house house is) to film some outfit videos. Unfortunately, it windy beyond belief and we all wore dresses. We got some awesome footage though. Can't wait to get the video up soon! 


You know that song Miley sings about a party in the USA? This weekend was basically it. Yay for freedom and america and good food and great people. I'm loving life and it's loving me right back!

Here's a selfie for your enjoyment. Goodnight everybody.